Church Color Coded Seating Layout (Downloadable / Printable PDF)The Archbishop has released us from Sunday Mass obligation. Our regular Mass schedule is now in place. Feel free to attend any Mass for your convenience.
Guidelines for Mass at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church Updated July 23, 2020
- The Archbishop has released us from Sunday Mass obligation. Our regular Mass schedule is now in place. Feel free to attend any Mass for your convenience.
- All Mass attendees should use the north and south narthex entrances when coming into church. All other church entrances will be locked.
- Please observe the color-coded row seating. This is clearly noted on the church seating drawings as you enter the narthex. Weekday Masses & Friday Communion Service yellow(times M,T,TH 8:30AM, W 7PM, FRI 8:30AM), Weekend Masses Sat 5 PM red, Sun 8am yellow, Sun 10:30 AM red. Proper seating is required for communion distribution.
- All attendees are asked to wear masks per Governor DeWine’s order effective July 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM. Exceptions are children 10 and under and people with medical conditions or disabilities. Masks are available on a limited basis when you walk into church. Please take them home with you they are washable.
- No choirs will be utilized. A cantor, accompanied by organ or keyboard, will sing service music. Background music will be used at various times during the Mass. All hymnals have been removed from church.
- Communion will be distributed to you in the pew.
- Confessions will continue at 4:00-4:30 PM prior to Saturday Mass or by appointment.
- Collection baskets are in the back of church for weekly contributions and Nairobi collections. No baskets will be passed around during Mass.
- Pews and restrooms will be sanitized each evening.
- Please limit bathroom use to no more than three people at a time.
- No servers will be used during Masses. Bread & Wine will Not be carried in procession.
- We will observe social distancing policies as published by the State of Ohio as much as practical. It is up to each attendee to ensure they respect each other and their rights.
- Seating is limited to approximately 150 people. Please do your best to space six feet apart between your family and others.
- Ministry meetings may be scheduled in the Hall after June 1,2020 with groups of 10 or smaller. Meetings need to be scheduled with Victoria in the office. Masks will need to be worn for the meetings. The Hall will be cleaned after each meeting and restrooms will be sanitized each evening.
July 23, 2020 NCS