Parish Pastoral Council
The responsibility for the mission of the church is a shared one. The PPC acts in an advisory role to the Pastor and staff being the voice of the people. The primary focus of the PPC is threefold:
- Promote spiritual growth & renewal of the Parish community-encouraging a basic relationship with God
- Promote community outreach & service among parishioners, commissions and ministries
- Promote Parish growth and vision through planning & goal setting at the beginning of each year
Chairman-Matt Sinning, Vice Chairman-Greg Andrews, Karen Brackman, Gary Chafin, Judy Kleman Lescher, Kathy Catrone, Jim Kueterman, Mike Stucke and Mark Watercutter, Recording Secretary – Mary Chafin.
Liasons: Finance-Treva Monnier, ECC-Lois Cox, Worship- Kim Yoder
Meeting Schedule 2017-2018
September 14, 2017
November 9, 2017
January 11, 2018
February 8, 2018
April 12, 2018
May 10, 2018
Meetings begin at 7:15 PM -Room #107 – Everyone welcome
How Does The Parish Pastoral Council Carry Out Its Purpose?
- By forming an effective group of persons who work in a spirit of prayer and discernment as a sign and witness to the parish community
- By making recommendations about the pastoral priorities and goals for the parish through pastoral planning
- By serving as a vehicle of dialogue and communication among the pastor, the parish staff, the various commissions and organizations and the parish membership.
- By working with the commissions of the parish in a spirit of mutual cooperation for the good of the whole parish community.
In its most effective form, the Parish Pastoral Council is the vehicle by which the Pastor and his Pastoral Staff consider and test their own ideas and proposals with a group that represents the entire Parish community. It is the official listening post for the local parish community – the Pastor listening to his people and the people listening to their Pastor.
Taken from “Called To Be Church” A Guide For Parish Pastoral Councils, The Archdiocese of Cincinnati, 1998, p. 4.
Agenda Topics for the Next Meeting:
Last Meeting Highlights:
For any questions or concerns please call Matt Sinning, (937) 510-1976.